"SPEAK" is a programme designed to bring together young people and adults of any background to give them the opportunity:
- to speak freely and to overcome their fear, hesitation, shyness...
- to improve their speaking skills in different life situation: conversations, discussions, meetings, presentations, interviews (informal & formal)...
- to improve their fluency, pronunciation, use of appropriate words & politeness language functions
Hence, making it easier for them to familiarise with and to integrate into British society.
"SPEAK" sessions comprise of various interactive activities:
- Free & guided conversations, including language functions like: Greetings, politeness, invitation, asking for information, invitations - accepting/declining, making a request, reacting in different situations, e.g. to sad news, to happy news, to compliments, etc.
- Pronunciation Practice
- Open Discussions
- Interviews, etc...
and social activities: Get-togethers, Tea parties, Special Dinners, Barbecues, Fundraising, trips, etc.
SPEAK for the community
Target group: Adults and Young people, of any background and at any level, in the community:
- employed / unemployed
- job seekers
- parents, etc.
SPEAK for EFL/ESOL students:
Target group: EFL/ ESOL students studying in language schools or other language related institutions
All Levels : Beginners to Advanced
SPEAK for Professionals
- Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Meetings...
- Reports from research